Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts.
The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-oriented and fast-paced.
The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The person will also have the ability to work independently on projects and activities, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President & CEO including:
- managing an extremely active calendar of appointments;
- completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential;
- arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas;
- compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with company personnel and associates, business partners, and other 3rd parties, staff on matters related to CEO’s initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Experienced and qualified in writing, editing and reviewing legal documents regarding the acquisition and sale of real estate assets, venture investments, 3rd party investor funds, construction / development projects, etc.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President updated.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality regarding any relationships, discussions and material that the executive assistant is privy to.
- Ensures that the CEO’s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials and interviews / information regarding the CEO and the organization in general by members of the media.
- Drafts, edits and/or completes written communications to external stake holders in accordance to COE guidance and direction.
- Follows up on contacts made by the President and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including senior management, staff, investors, related parties
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Able to work flexible hours.
- Willing to travel for work, when required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a degree or emphasis in Law
- Strong work tenure: five to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in the real estate industry
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and entrepreneurship
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms
- Database managements skills, technologically savvy
About Metro 1
- Founded in 2005, Metro 1 and its affiliates is South Florida’s original urban core, full-service real estate organization. Focusing exclusively on South Florida’s emerging markets, Metro 1 has played a pioneering role in shaping the region’s most exciting neighborhoods and has completed over $2.5 billion dollars in transaction volume in the last 13 years.
- Metro 1 offers a vertically integrated approach with a differentiating advantage: the power of an internal global marketing, public relations and advertising firm that customizes unique and proven strategies to deliver unparalleled results for clients and investors.
Go to all jobs