Miami, FL 33137
The Senior Property Accountant is responsible for all account payables across entities, as well as property accounting, financial reporting, and property management for a portfolio of commercial real estate within South Florida’s most exciting emerging urban core neighborhoods.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform all property accounting functions for a portfolio of commercial real estate within South Florida.
- Perform / Oversee all property management activities, including tenant relations, issues management, vendor relations and maintenance issues.
- Responsible for assisting in the production and preparation all monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting of real estate portfolio, ad-hoc management information reports and provide account analysis.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for capital expenditures, budget vs. actual.
- Provide assistance in preparing periodic property forecasts and annual budgets.
- Cash management for properties: review cash balances, prepare cash projections and advise senior management of funds available for check processing.
- Advise senior management of funding needs. Monitor inter-company accounts for borrowed funding.
- Calculate all monthly, quarterly, and annual Common Area Maintenance (CAM) charges.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files.
- Meet pre-determined deadlines.
- Perform invoice processing and weekly check runs and review monthly receivables report.
- Ensure property and tenant lease input is accurate and up-to-date.
- Maintain tenant rolls for the entire portfolio.
- Maintain vendor files with required information and form W-9s. Prepare and submit Form 1099 tax filings at year end.
- Process invoices per bi-weekly schedule.
- Ensure timely reporting and payment of sales tax.
- Issue monthly tenant invoices and related late charge adjustments.
- Post cash received to tenant accounts.
- Monitor tenant receivable aging and perform collection procedures as required.
Prepare real estate tax and insurance escrow analysis as needed.
- Assist in ensuring timely payment of mortgages and real estate taxes.
- Interface with partners, investors & lenders and be able to provide detailed information regarding the portfolio.
- Establish and maintain co-operative and collaborative relationships with internal and external parties.
- Identify opportunities for system / process efficiencies and / or enhancements.
- Minimum of 5 years of property management, accounts payable, accounting, finance experience.
- Accounting degree from an accredited university.
- CPA is not required.
- Experience using property management software, preferably Rent Manager.
- Must be highly proficient in MS Excel.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and have excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work within a team and highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to work with financial concepts and perform financial analysis including ROI, IRR and discounted cash flow modeling.
About Metro 1
- Founded in 2005, Metro 1 and its affiliates is South Florida’s original urban core, full-service real estate organization. Focusing exclusively on South Florida’s emerging markets, Metro 1 has played a pioneering role in shaping the region’s most exciting neighborhoods and has completed over $2.5 billion dollars in transaction volume in the last 13 years.
- Metro 1 offers a vertically integrated approach with a differentiating advantage: the power of an internal global marketing, public relations and advertising firm that customizes unique and proven strategies to deliver unparalleled results for clients and investors.
Go to all jobs